Halloween is a time for spooks, scares, and all things eerie, and Colorado Springs knows how to celebrate this spooky season in style. Whether you’re a fan of haunted houses, family-friendly fun, or simply want to revel in the autumnal atmosphere, there’s something for everyone in this vibrant city. In this article, we’ll explore some of the best things to do for Halloween in Colorado Springs.
- Haunted Attractions:
– HellScream Haunted House: Located in the heart of Colorado Springs, HellScream is a premier haunted house experience that will send shivers down your spine. With multiple themed attractions, it offers a terrifying journey into the unknown.
– The Haunted Mines: Just a short drive from downtown, The Haunted Mines is a historic haunt with a reputation for its spine-tingling scares. Dare to enter this old mining facility, but be prepared for the unexpected.
- Family-Friendly Fun:
– Boo at the Zoo: The Cheyenne Mountain Zoo hosts Boo at the Zoo, a family-friendly Halloween event featuring trick-or-treat stations, animal encounters, and delightful Halloween decorations. It’s a perfect outing for families with young children.
– Ghouls & Stools at Manitou Springs: This annual event in nearby Manitou Springs combines spooky fun with the town’s vibrant atmosphere. Enjoy a costume parade, trick-or-treating, and more in this charming community.
- Pumpkin Patches and Corn Mazes:
– Long Neck Pumpkin Farm: Located just outside Colorado Springs, Long Neck Pumpkin Farm is a fall wonderland with pumpkin picking, corn mazes, hayrides, and a variety of family-friendly activities.
– Maze in Manitou Springs: Navigate your way through a corn maze at a local farm in Manitou Springs, surrounded by breathtaking mountain views.
- Ghost Tours:
– Colorado Springs Ghost Tours: Explore the city’s haunted history on a guided tour that takes you to eerie locations and shares spine-tingling tales of the supernatural. It’s a fascinating and eerie way to learn about the city’s past.
– Manitou Springs Ghost Tours: Discover the supernatural side of Manitou Springs through guided ghost tours that lead you through the town’s mysterious past and haunted hotspots.
- Costume Parties and Themed Events:
– Check out local bars, clubs, and venues for Halloween-themed parties and costume contests. Many establishments in Colorado Springs host events where you can show off your creative costumes and dance the night away.
- Fall Foliage Drives:
– While not strictly Halloween-related, the stunning autumn foliage in and around Colorado Springs is a sight to behold. Take a scenic drive through the nearby mountains and soak in the beauty of the changing leaves.
Halloween in Colorado Springs offers a diverse range of activities for thrill-seekers, families, and anyone looking to embrace the spooky spirit of the season. Whether you’re exploring haunted houses, enjoying family-friendly fun, or embarking on ghost tours, you’re sure to find Halloween delights in this enchanting city. So, put on your costumes, grab your pumpkins, and get ready for a hauntingly good time in Colorado Springs!