• Overture 9th + CO: An active adult community located at 4205 East 10th Avenue, Denver, CO 80220. It boasts a welcoming atmosphere with resort-inspired amenities and is just 3 miles from Downtown Denver .
• Anthem Ranch: Situated at 16151 Lowell Boulevard, Broomfield, CO 80023, this community offers great amenities for an active lifestyle .
• Skyestone: Located at 12091 Red Fox Way, Broomfield, CO 80021, this is another active adult community offering a range of amenities for older adults .
• Centennial at RiverWalk: Located at 2751 West Riverwalk Circle, Littleton, CO 80123, this community provides great amenities for an active lifestyle .
• Heritage at Eagle Bend Golf Club: A community located at 23155 East Heritage Parkway, Aurora, CO 80016, offering a range of amenities and an active lifestyle .
• Encore at Eastlake: This community at E 124th Avenue and Monroe Drive, Thornton, CO 80241, is known for its great amenities and active lifestyle offerings .
• Brennan by the Lake: An active adult community situated at Brennan Circle, Erie, CO 80516, offering a range of amenities for an active lifestyle.
Colorado is known for its mountain ranges and scenic landscapes, making it a perfect place for retirees seeking an active lifestyle. The state’s geographical diversity, national parks, forests, and a plethora of recreational activities are some of the attractive features for active adults .
Furthermore, places like Columbine Valley, Cherry Hills Village, Palmer Lake, and Estes Park have been highlighted as some of the best places to retire in Colorado in 2023, according to Niche. These places are suburbs of Denver, offering a peaceful yet engaging environment for retirees.
Moreover, towns like Pueblo, Cañon City, Fort Morgan, Montrose, Fruita, Evans, Fountain, and Grand Junction are also listed as great places to retire in Colorado, with each having its unique appeal, such as lower median home values or lower crime rates .
The high mountains and pristine lakes in Colorado provide a beautiful backdrop for those wishing to spend their retirement years close to nature, which is a common theme across many of these communities and towns.
This extensive list gives you a variety of options depending on your preferences for community living, proximity to urban areas, scenic preferences, or other lifestyle choices.